My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Phat Kats are too short

Clubs in second life, much like in real life have their own personality and rules concerning how things are handled, specially when it's about staff or patrons. Trying to keep staff following the basic rules and code of conduct while keeping patrons interested while having fun can be complex, specially when it comes to patrons, one bad move and you find yourself with an empty club.

Last night I decided to take my boyfriend out for some jazz & slow dancing and our first choice -like most people's in second life- would naturally be Phat Kats, the few times I have been to the club it's been a very fun experience, this until last night that is. As we get ready to go to the club I browse through my choices and decide to wear an somewhat formal outfit with a short jacket and a see through shirt -no tie-, simply because I was in the mood and I looked simple fabulous -even combed my hair back for that extra sleek look.

As we get to the club, I find to my surprise that there's a live performer, of which I was very pleased as I planned to make a heartfelt dedication while we danced. None of this happened however, at least not in this club as I was approached by the host pointing out that what I was wearing was not formal enough, to which I replied "this is formal to me" -I was very bothered at this point- and he did not think of a better idea than to point out that my jacket was too short to be considered formal and that I could wear one of their complimentary tuxedos.

The only thing short I found in that club was their mind, it'd seriously help their business if they invested their energies in being a bit more open minded about the different types of formal wear that exist in the fashion industry. Sorry Phat Kats, your club is too short sighted for my idea of fashion -and like myself thousands out there-, good luck scaring patrons away, you guys are doing a fabulous job at it.

Many clubs open and close daily in second life, so I'd be careful on how unbend-able my rules are, patrons are after all, your bread and butter.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Los Clubs en el second life, como los de la vida real tienen todos su propia personalidad y reglas en lo que concierne a el equipo de trabajo y a las personas que asisten al mismo. Intentar balancear estas reglas para mantener a los trabajadores y al público satisfecho minetras trabajan en armoniosa diversión puede resultar complicado, especialmente cuando se trata de tus clientes, un mal gesto y te quedas de la noche a la mañana con un club vacío.


Anoche decidí llevar a my novio a dar una vuelta, para bailar al ritmo del jazz y nuestra primera elección -cómo la de muchos en el second life- fue sin duda Phat Kats, las pocas veces que lo he visitado ha sido una experiencia divertida, hasta anoche. En lo que nos preparábamos para ir al club reviso mis opciones de trajes que ponerme y decido ponerme uno que incluía una chaqueta corta, una camisa semi-transparente y obvio la corbata, simplemente porque me apetecía y me veía fabuloso para ser sinceros -incluso me peiné el pelo hacia atrás dandome un look incluso más formal.

En lo que llegamos al club, me encuentro para mi sorpresa de que hay un cantante en vivo, de lo cuál me complací bastante ya que tenía planeado hacer una dedicación a mi pareja mientras bailábamos. Nada de esto ocurrió, por lo menos no en este club, ya que se me aproximó el anfitrión del evento apuntando al hecho de que mi traje no era lo suficientemente formal, a lo que yo respondí "lo es para mí" -ya me encontraba bastante incomodo a este punto- y por supuesto no se le ocurrió mejor idea que añadir que una chaqueta tan corta como la mía no era lo suficientemente formal y que era bienvenido a ponerme uno de los trajes de cortesía de los que disponían.

Lo unico corto que había en ese club era su mente, creo que ayudaría seriamente a su negocio si invirtiesen la misma cantidad de energías en ser más abiertos de mente cuando se trata en los diferentes tipos de trajes formales que existen en el mundo de la moda. Lo siento mucho Phat Kats, pero tu club es demasiado estrecho o "corto" de mente en lo que se refiere a la moda y sus muchísimas opciones -y como yo miles ahí fuera-, buena suerte espantando a los clientes, están haciendo un trabajo fabuloso en ese respecto.

Muchos clubes abren y cierran día a día en el second life, así que tendría mucho cuidado en cuan infranqueables son mis reglas en lo que respecta a los clientes, que son al fin y al cabo, el pan que los alimenta.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 4:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like bullshit to me. I would never go back to that club again and instead attend a club more welcoming!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home