My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Evolution

One of the key and most valid points about Darwin's theory on evolution would be natural selection, the ability of any species to adapt to the changing world around them, something we as Sapiens have -doesn't seem to be apparent in some people but trust me, it IS there- that the species before us didn't and which ultimately caused their extinction.

I'd like to think I am the type of person that welcomes natural change, but I am a little jumpy when it comes to life surprising you, so my changes are mostly planned way ahead -something that my oldest son doesn't quite get or does "I don't like to plan" he says-; nevertheless, there are times when life around you will shift and evolve and you have no other choice but to tag along or be left behind.

New job, new partner, new house; change can be scary but life revolves around it and second life is no different. The thing about second life as a virtual life simulator is that change and time happen a lot faster, so you have very little time to adjust -at least for those seriously invested on it, there are some that stick to virtual sex which is also valid but won't get you too far past the orgasm-. The person that I am in second life doesn't differ much from he who I am in real life, but it has given me a chance to do things I would not be able to experience otherwise -parenting for example, with its ups and downs- and welcoming change while adjusting to it to my best of my ability has been a key point.

Anything that makes you grow as a person, good or bad is more than welcome; the fear of death follows from the fear of life, a man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. Life can give me what it's got in store for me, I know I'll profit from it somehow.

“The key to change... is to let go of fear.” Rosanne Cash


Uno de los puntos principales de más peso y validez en la teoria evolutiva de Darwin sería la de la selección natural, la abilidad de las especies en adaptarse al mundo que les rodea, algo que nosotros los Sapiens podemos hacer -no parece ser evidente en algunos, pero creeme PUEDEN- y que nuestras especies predecesoras no tenían y que por consiguiente causó su extición.

Me gustaría decir que soy el tipo de persona que acepta el cambio de manera natural, pero que la vida me sorprenda me suele causar un poco de ansiedad, así que la mayoría de los cambios que sufro so planificados con muchísima antelación -algo que mi hijo el mayor no termina de entender ó practica "no me gusta planificar" dice-; sin embargo hay momentos en los que la vida a tu alrededor cambiará y evolucionará y no tienes más elección que seguir el paso o que te dejen atrás.

Un nuevo trabajo, una nueva pareja, una nueva casa; el cambio puede resultar sobrecogedor pero la vida gira en torno a este y el Second Life no difiere mucho de este concepto. Lo curioso del second life es que como simulador virtual el cambio ocurre más de prisa, así que a veces tienes poco tiempo para ajustarte a él -los hay que se limitan al sexo virtual, algo que también es valido pero que no te llevará más allá del orgasmo-. La persona que soy en el Second life no dista mucho del quien soy en la vida real, pero me ha dado la oportunidad de hacer y experimentar cosas más allá de mi alcance en situaciones normales -ser padre por ejemplo, con sus más y con sus menos- y ajustarme al cambio ha sido un punto esencial en mi experiencia.

Todo lo que te hace crecer como persona, lo bueno y lo malo es más que bienvenido; el miedo a la muerte es causado por el miedo a la vida, un hombre que vive plenamente está preparado para morir en cualquier momento. La vida puede darme todo lo que tiene preparado para mí, sé que le sacaré provecho de alguna manera.


“El secreto del cambio... es dejar tus miedos.” Rosanne Cash

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home