My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Kiss the stars

There are times in your life when you need to slow down a bit, even for a few days and stop to smell the roses or like my son Skylar says, enjoy the scenery. If you have had the chance to meet me in-world -this is the term used when you are inside the second life platform-, you'll know for a fact that I am not the slow down type; I am continuously doing something -sometimes several things at once-, I am what you would call "driven".

This weekend however, my best friend suggested we'd get away go "rural", shedding all responsibilities and just disconnecting from all modern technology -within reason I still got my laptop with me, one can only make so many compromises-, before my workload got heavier again. After a few days of sorting loose ends here and there, I felt I was ready to just go for it and take some time off for myself.

It felt a bit strange at first, once we arrived and found ourselves in a house in the middle of nowhere with unpacking, making dinner and television to keep us occupied, but I got to experience something that a city boy like myself had long forgotten, I looked at the sky and marvelled at how many stars I could see in plain view -I truly can't remember when it was the last time I was able to simply do this, look up and see stars-. It may seem like something simple, but this fact alone proved to me that tagging along for this little break from my regular routine had been a good idea.

Sometimes, once in a while is good to just take things slow, focus on yourself and if you find yourself in the right situation to just look up, and kiss the stars.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Hay veces en tu vida cuando es necesario frenar un poco, aunque sea por un par de días y parar a oler las rosas, o como dice mi hijo Skylar, disfrutar del paisaje. Si has tenido la oportunidad de verme en -in-world - este es el término utilizado cuando se está dentro del de Second Life sabrás a ciencia cierta que no soy el tipo de ir despacio, yo estoy continuamente haciendo algo - a veces varias cosas a la vez-, yo soy lo que ustedes llamarían "motivado"".

Este fin de semana sin embargo, mi mejor amiga me sugirió que nos escaparamos el fin de semana a un sitio "rural", desprendiéndonos de todas las responsabilidades y simplemente desconectar de todas las tecnologías modernas -dentro de lo razonable que todavía tengo mi portátil conmigo, uno sólo puede hacer un número de sacrificios-, preferiblemente muchos antes de mi carga de trabajoacelerara de nuevo. Después de unos días de ordenar los cabos sueltos aquí y allá, sentí que estaba listo para ir solo por ello y tomarme un tiempo libre para mí.

Me sentía un poco extraño al principio, una vez que llegamos y nos encontramos enuna casa en medio de la nada con las maletas, haciendo la cena y la televisión para mantenernos ocupados, llegué a experimentar algo que un chico de ciudad como yo había olvidado, miré al cielo y me maravilé de cuántas estrellas veía a plena vista-que realmente no recuerdo cuando fue la última vez que fuí capaz de hacer esto, simplemente, mirar hacia arriba y ver las estrellas. Puede parecer algo simple, peroeste solo hecho me demostró que apuntarme a este pequeño descanso de mi rutina habitual, había sido una buena idea.

A veces, de vez en cuando es bueno tomarse sólo las cosas con calma,concentrarse en sí mismo y si te encuentras en la situación correcta de sólo mirarpara arriba, y besar las estrellas.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home