My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Powertrips & other evils

Whether we refer to RL or SL, depending on what stage your life is at and what position you're in, some people may feel the need to use who they are and what they can do to their advantage. This is more obvious while in second life, where people feel they need to compensate -or simply do without needing a real excuse- for all they lack; don't get me wrong this all good and valid, as long as compensating doesn't mean bullying others into submission.

I call this "the superiority complex powertrip horse" and like any other evils in the world, it only benefits one person and affects all those around you suffering it. Power is a curious thing, some look for it and crave it, others get it without even wanting it, but to pull from the easy movie quote "with great power comes great responsibility"; the person riding the powertrip horse feels superior and with license to judge, inspect and look down on people.

Most of the time these people are so wrapped up in their so-called perfection, they do not seem to be aware of their own flaws or how addicted they are to being judgmental -I had a friend of a friend who I suffered for a while until she did me the GREAT favor of defriending me-. I don't claim to be perfect, I never have and most likely never will, I don't have any real power in SL, and when I have faced myself with situations where I was given some, I have happily relinquished it to the appropriate people; I don't need to overcompensate in second life, it's not why I use the platform but I certainly won't roll over and play dead, so any what's-its-name can get their fix of compensating, there's something fabulous in RL to take care of that... therapy. I don't need a King name tag, a fancy status nor a court to feel good about myself, if that's your kink good for you... but don't expect me to play along.

"Keep it real, keep it simple & keep it fun, if not what's the point?" Skylar Silent

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Ya sea refiriendonos a la vida real ó a el second life y dependiendo de el estado de tu vida en el que estás, algunas personas sienten la necesidad de usar lo que son ó los recursos de los que cuentan para su propio conveniencia. Esto es más obvio en el second life, donde las personas sienten la necesidad de sobre-compensar -o de hacerlo porque sí, sin necesitar una excusa real- por todo aquello de lo que carecen; no me mal-entiendan, todo esto es bueno y válido, siempre y cuando no signifique abusar de otros para que se sometan a tí.

A este proceso lo llamo "el complejo cabalgante de superioridad" y como otros males en el mundo, sólo beneficia a una persona mientras otros a su alrededor lo sufren. El poder es una cosa curiosa, algunos lo buscan y ansían, otros lo reciben sin buscarlo ni necesitarlo y recurriendo de una cita de película "un gran poder conlleva a una gran responsibilidad"; la persona a lomos del caballo de superioridad se siente el la libertad de juzgar, inspeccionar y mirar por encima del hombro a otros.

Muchas veces estas personas estan tan envueltas en su "perfección", que no parecen ser conscientes de sus propios fallos ó de cuan adictos estan a juzgar a otros -sufrí durante largo tiempo la amistad de una amiga de un amigo con este complejo, hasta que esta me hizo el GRAN favor de eliminarme de su lista-. Yo nunca he afirmado ser perfecto, nunca lo he hecho ni lo haré, no poseo ningún poder real en el second life, y cuando me he enfrentado a situaciones en la que me ha sido dado algo de este, lo he cedido a las personas apropiadas; No necesito sobre-compensar por nada en el second life, no es la razón por la que uso la plataforma pero no por eso voy a rodar y a hacerme el muerto, para que cualquier como-se-llame pueda sentirse mejor consigo mismo, hay algo fabuloso en la vida real... se llama terapia. No necesito ser llamdo Rey, un estatus ni una corte para sentirme bien conmigo mismo, si ese es tu rollo, allá tú pero no esperes que te siga el juego.

"Manténlo todo real, simple & divertido, si no ¿qué sentido tiene?" Skylar Silent

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home