My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Strip me

As much as I love nudity and showing off, the title for this post is not about me undressing -although I do take requests on this- but on symbolic stripping. Many of you already know that apart from writing and the many other projects I busy myself with while in-world, DJing and co-owning a club is one of the main ones.

While doing this recently, I stumbled upon one of Natasha Bedingfield's newest hits and the lyrics simply "spoke" to me; the thing I love about this woman is not her voice or on-stage presence, but the deep meaning of her songs while remaining true to herself without sacrificing her music, all for the sake of being widely recognized or commercial like some have the habit of degrading towards.

When I started writing this blog, it was with the sole intention of continuing to share my opinion and perspective on things -after Fabrice's passing and GWNs uncertain future- I go through and that I've always felt other people and second life users might be going through as well, and even though the road ahead is still long and hard, the continuous support and positive feedback I get from all of you, proves to me that accepting Fabrice's offer and my decision to continue was the right one.

My father always said that my brain and mouth were directly connected and that -for my own good- I'd better find a constructive way to make good use of it. As long as people continue to read me, I will share, reflect and post anything I feel is necessary to be known or that people will benefit from knowing, as impartial as I can possibly be. Thank you all for just being there, I will surely strive to make good use of this media and your support, criticism and feedback; as far as haters are concerned, I'll simply quote Natasha on this: "Take what you want, steal my pride, build me up or cut me down to size, shut me out but I'll just scream, I'm only one voice in a million but you aint taking that from me"

Sometimes all it takes is one voice, thank you all for letting me be that voice.


Aunque desnudarme y mostrar mis atributos es algo que me encanta, el titulo de este articulo no se refiere a mi perdiendo vestiduras -aunque acepto peticiones- pero de una desnudez simbólica. Muchos de ustedes ya saben que a parte de escribir y los muchos otros proyectos en los que me ocupo, Deejaying y ser co-dueño de un club es uno de ellos.

Mientras hacía esto, me encontré con una de las últimas canciones de Natasha Bedingfield y las letras simplemente "me hablaron" y me hicieron refleccionar; lo que más me gusta de esta mujer no es su voz o presencia en escena, sino lo poderosas que son sus letras, algo que nunca a sacrificado o cambiado por un esfuerzo en comercializar su musica, algo que algunos artistas acaban haciendo.

Cuando empecé a escribir este blog, era con la única intención de continuar expresando mi opinión y perspectiva sobre todo aquello que me rodeaba -después de la muerte de Fabrice y el futuro incierto de GWNs- y que sentí que podía beneficiar a usuarios del second life y personas en general. A pesar de que el camino es largo, el apoyo continuado y el feedback positivo que recibo cada día, prueba de que mi elección no fue erronea y que el aceptar la oferta de Fabrice fue acertado.

Mi padre siempre decía que mi cerebro y boca estaban conectados y que -por mi propio bien- debía encontrar una forma constructiva de expresarme. Siempre que las personas me sigan leyendo, compartiré, refleccionaré y plasmaré todo aquello que me rodea y que siento necesita ser expuesto, de la manera más imparcial que me sea posible. Gracias a todos por estar ahí, continuaré en mi esfuerzo de hacer un buen uso de este medio; en lo que concierne a mis anti-fans ahí fuera, citaré a Natasha "Toma lo que quieras, roba mi orgullo, enzalsame ó destruyeme, aíslame pero gritaré, sólo soy una voz de millones y eso no me lo puedes quitar"

A veces sólo hace falta una voz, gracias a todos por permitirme ser esa voz.



Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home