My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The string with two ends

I have noticed that people in social platforms, this being second life or any other, have the habit of becoming friends with pretty much anyone. We exchange two words, and sometimes not even that and people get instantly friended and some even go to the extent of making a scene when they are removed because quite frankly, you two barely speak.

The friending protocol varies from person to person, my oldest son won't just go and friend anyone unless he gets to know them really well, which I can respect; I have come to the habit of being picky when adding friends to my list, but truth be told, sometimes if the person I am speaking to happens to have something in common with me, I'll go ahead and add them.

This wasn't always so, as a SL deejay, I felt that the more people I added to my list, the larger group of people I'd manage to get to the set, but experience shows you that this isn't always so and some "friends" will even jump on your IM to ask you not to mass TP them -this is how avatars move in SL by Landmarks or direct teleportation-; this is something that happens to me quite frequently and up until recently, I have respected people's wishes to be skipped from mass TPs, but then I today I got someone who not only requested to be skipped but added "if only we talked, but all I get are tps"

To that I have an answer, friendship is like a rope or a string... it has two ends... your end and mine, friendship is supposed to be reciprocal -the real one-, if not what's the point.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Me ha dado cuenta de que en las plataformas sociales, ya sea esta el second life o cualquier otra, las personas desarrolan el hábito de hacerce amigos de cualquiera. Intercambiamos dos palabras, y a veces incluso menos y las personas se hacen tus amigos de la forma más casual e inmediata, habiendo algunos que te montan una escena cuando los eliminas de tu lista, porque no sólo no tenian nada en común, sino que nunca se hablaban.


El protocolo de amistad varía dependiendo de la persona, my hijo el mayor por ejemplo no se hace amigo de cualquiera sin haberlos conocido en profundidad antes, lo cual puedo respetar; yo he desarrollado el hábito de escoger con cuidado a quien agrego, pero sea dicha la verad, si hay veces en las que hablo brevemente con alguien y encuentro que tenemos cosas en común, los agrego sin más.

Esto no siempre fué así, como deejay en el second life, tenía la idea preconcebida de que mientras más personas agregase a mi lista, la mayor cantidad de personas lograría traer al set, pero la experiencia me ha demostrado que esto no ocurre así, y algunos "amigos" brincarán en los que les mandas un TP -así es como las personas se mueven en el second life, via teleportación o vínculos directos llamados "landmarks"-; esto es algo que me ocurre con cierta frecuencia y hasta hace poco he respetado el deseo de algunos de no ser enviados los TP, pero hoy me llegó alguien que no sólo me pidió que no lo hiciera con él, sino que además agregó: "si tan siquiera hablaramos, pero lo único que recibo son TPs"

Para esto tengo una respuesta, la amistad es como una cuerda con dos finales, el tuyo y el mío, la amistad debe de ser recíproca -la de verdad-, si no cual es el sentido.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home