My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Talking to the wrong man

One of the most daring, intense and complex adventures -yet rewarding- I have dabbled in while in Second life over the past 2 years on the platform -2 years already! times does fly by- would be parenting, but with all of its ups and downs it is truly something I would go back and do again and again.

Parenting has taught me to be more patient and look past the obvious, which in second life is quite a useful skill, as the obvious is not always what it seems and sometimes it pays off to scratch a bit to discover what lies underneath the group of people that surround you, it has also made me understand that my son is a sexual being -and no longer my "kid"- who partakes in the same type of nude exercises his pops does and I have come to develop an amazing selective memory process -hence squirming less and less when we touch such topics-, thus enabling me to better advice him accordingly, when and if needed.

I have also learned to love unconditionally and that no matter what he does or says -even if he has one of those not-so friendly moments- at the end of the day, he's my son and nothing will change that; this is sadly a thing -an essential one- that some people in second life forget to do when engaging parenting or any type of family bonds -them being the romantic kind, the family type and more specially so, parenting- and something I cannot insist on enough, before you go announcing your compromise, be absolutely sure, people get hurt in the process and despite the "virtual" of our reality, there are people behind every avatar, and they have feelings and those are very real.

Both my fathers -the one in RL and the one in SL- taught me by example that there is no black or white, but a wide array of shades of grey and most of the time, people's actions have a reason to be, whatever they may be -I'm not implying that people are basically good inside, heavens no- and it helps better understand why they do what they do if you know what makes them tick.

I think I have profited from my first two years in Second life, I truly can't wait to see what's in store on the next two. And I end this with my favorite Father movie quote "You will travel far, but I will never leave you, even in the face of my death. You will make my strength your own. You will see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father. And the father, the son..."

P.S. The title of the article is from a father-son song Skylar plays on occasion and that I feel describes our talks about sex and dating.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home