My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Capture Love

When I initially joined Second Life's "Capture Love" contest, my first intention was to show people that other types of love could be experienced on the platform, that do not gravitate towards sex or romance and that deserved to be showcased in public as well.

I never did expect to get the massive amount of positive feedback and affection from SL users of all kinds, originated from a simple picture, which I decided to share and comment, on something that is habitual for me, which is taking time to have coffee with my son every morning.

Nothing I do in second life would ever be possible without all of you, your support, comments and feedback on everything I do and decide to share. I am truly honored and humbled and day after day, small things such as this one prove to me that the choice of starting a blog was the right one.

Here's the Link to the article I was asked to write for having won the "Capture Love" contest with the story on how I became a gay parent in Second Life. Again my heartfelt thanks for having allowed me to share my story, and I leave you all with a quote from my Second Life Father Northstar: "'The Love that dare not speak its name' in this century is such a great affection of an elder for a younger man as there was between David and Jonathan, such as Plato made the very basis of his philosophy, and such as you find in the sonnets of Michelangelo and Shakespeare. It is that deep, spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect. It dictates and pervades great works of art like those of Shakespeare and Michelangelo, and those two letters of mine, such as they are. It is in this century misunderstood, so much misunderstood that it may be described as the "Love that dare not speak its name," and on account of it I am placed where I am now. It is beautiful, it is fine, it is the noblest form of affection. There is nothing unnatural about it. It is intellectual, and it repeatedly exists between an elder and a younger man, when the elder man has intellect, and the younger man has all the joy, hope and glamour of life before him. That it should be so the world does not understand. The world mocks at it and sometimes puts one in the pillory for it. "

Oscar Wilde


I love my two sons, and like that of any father my love is pure and simple and I am very proud of it


https://www.facebook.com/spikecls 


Cuando me uní al concurso de Second Life "Capture Love", mi primera intención fué la de mostrar a las personas de que otros tipos de amor eran posibles en la plataforma, que no giran en torno al sexo ó el romance y que merecían ver la luz pública también.

Nunca esperé recibir el apoyo masivo y las muchas muestras de afecto por parte de muchos usuarios del second life, originados todos por una foto muy simple, la cual decidí compartir y comentar, de algo que hago de manera habitual y natural todos los días, que es tomar el café temprano con mi hijo cada mañana.

Nada de lo que hago en el Second life sería posible sin el apoyo continuado de todos ustedes, los comentarios y sugerencias en todo lo que hago o decido compartir. Me siento realmente honrado dia tras dia, y son pequeñas cosas como estas las que me prueban de que mi elección de hacer este blog no fué erronea.

He aqui el vinculo al articulo que me pidieron escribir por haber ganado el concurso "Capture Love" incluyendo la historia de como me convertí en padre en el Second Life. Una vez más muchísimas gracias  por haberme permitido compartir mi historia, y les dejo con una cita de my padre en el Second Life Northstar: "contest with the story on how I became a gay parent in Second Life. Again my heartfelt thanks for having allowed me to share my story, and I leave you all with a quote from my Second Life Father Northstar:“El amor que no osa decir su nombre, en ese siglo, es el amor de un hombre maduro y un hombre joven, como el que existía entre David y Jonathan, tal como aquel que Platón usó como verdadera base de su filosofía, y tal como se encuentra en los sonetos de Miguel Ángel y Shakespeare. Es un afecto honrado y espiritual, tan puro como perfecto. Inspira y colma grandes obras de arte, como las de Shakespeare y Miguel Ángel, y las dos cartas mías tal como son....En este siglo hay un concepto tan erróneo de él (del amor que no puede definir su nombre) y es por esa razón que estoy colocado aquí...”

Oscar Wilde


Amo a mis hijos, y mi amor es puro y simple cómo el de cualquier padre


https://www.facebook.com/spikecls 


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home