My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm a Thesaurus

Attention, the following article may hurt sensibilities, so if you are the impressionable type that has the impulse of correcting everyone's grammar typos while ignoring your own, stop reading now.

I stumble upon all sorts of people in second life, but the type I am about to refer to I had only seen on social platforms, so I must admit that the experience did pop my cherry in Second life, just when you thought nothing else could take you by surprise...

I have been known to multitask quite often, this being doing several things at the same time and one of them would be to send notices on my group if I see that a party in our club that I am not entirely involved with needs a little push -it works for everyone's benefit, so why not-, so the other day I did just that, copied and pasted a notice without really looking at it and sent it on a couple of groups, what followed caught me by surprise.

A person -who I have decided to keep anonymous- approached me, with the word "AWESOME", typed in caps and with the Websters definition followed by it; when asked who he was -silly me, I thought maybe he got the wrong Spike- he replied that he was only an "avatare" reading my notices and who had decided to correct my typos. This both shocked me and amused me, to which I added that the word avatare was only used in Italian and since he was going for correcting typos, he should try and get his spelling correct first.

I must say this not amused him one bit, which led to me being referred to as that hidden body part between your cheeks, which we rim and keep tight for that special someone. Funny how that works, you venture into approaching a perfect stranger because you find his typos inexcusable, behaving exactly like that body part and won't accept some criticism yourself?

Here's some free advice for all of the pro-bono thesaurus out there, it being Second life or any social platform, if you so choose to live the path of grammar correctness, make sure your spelling is unflawed at all times or at least be ready to welcome the same type of criticism you hand out.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Bock McMillan said...

ROFL The only way to treat such a twat, good for you Spike!

 
At March 18, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Spike Clémenceau-Silent said...

LOL! I know right? some people seriously...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home