My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Faggot

It has always struck me as odd how some religious groups, fundamentalists and right wing supporters worldwide seem to think being gay is a life choice, a lifestyle and therefore basic citizen rights and human rights should be denied, since you simply "chose" wrong and should rectify immediately.

I remember when I chose to be gay, I had just been born and yelled and cried for a big long while, not at the prospect of finding pleasure in having intercourse with people of my same gender, but at the long winding road where people would simply assume I'd end up marrying a woman and people for years would either try to hook me up with one, expect me to "settle down" and "get over it", even well meaning family and friends.

But it wasn't as bad as I expected, after the initial coming out, the crying, the denial, the blame and the screaming, comes the acceptance and I know deep down -although I may not live to see this- that a day will come when your sexuality is not assumed but openly left for experimentation and seeing what feels right for you. The odd thing about coming out is that, as a gay man -or anything for the matter that falls out of the "norm"- you are constantly coming out, every time you meet someone new there comes a time when you just have to come out and say it -unless you are openly flamboyant or FABulous, in which case this last point is moot for you-, so in my particular case I just get it out of the way, introduce it in the conversation and clear the air from the very beginning.

In SL however different rules apply, the LGTB community and the "rest of the world" move in very different circles, so the chances of you going out clubbing to your particular choice of venue and running into someone who is not openly accepting of you and your "choices", are rather slim. I have always felt that the "governing bodies" that organise events for our gay community could be more inclusive and have a few lesbians, transgendered and even femboys alike being part of the main board for a wholesome representation, but then again that is a topic for another article.

Be as it may, don't judge and you shall not be judged, it is a concept that I not only try my best to live by, but have raised my boys under, you have to practise what you teach after all; you can't expect society to be accepting of you if you go around excluding others.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home