My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

SLOW DOWN POPS!

Most of us embark in the virtual platform that is Second life for a number of reasons, realistic virtual sex, socializing, fashion or simply experimenting a number of things that are not possible or accessible to us under normal circumstances.
What most non-Second life users don’t realize is that most of us invest our free time into creating a very complex and intricate “Second life”, hence the very appropriate name. We have jobs, we fall in love, we create families, we simply put, do all and sometimes succeed in doing what would generally take years to achieve in real life.
Most of what I do in second life, I basically stumbled upon it. I DJ and run a club, I have a shop where I sell my creations and for a year and 3 months I have had the joy of experiencing parenting, with all of its ups and downs -mostly ups-. I have worked hard and have spent much of my spare time making all of those visions the reality they are now and there hasn’t been a single moment when I have not enjoyed what I was doing; we log in daily to second life to basically have fun and interact with those we have come to love and call our second family, if not, what’s the point?
I have heard from countless users and friends on how their second lives are not all they expected them to be and how some have even resorted to “isolation” on their virtual home with little if any interaction with anyone outside their comfort zone. Now, I don’t intend to being judgmental, but when in a simulator like Second life, for a number of reasons you are forced to log in to stay away from people, you are definitively doing something wrong and it’s time to reinvent yourself -second life is after all such a place where doing just that and starting from scratch is insultingly easy-
Now I have recently come to -among the number of things I do- take some time for myself to actually slow down. My mind is at constant work so slowing down is not an easy task, but my son figured it’d do me good -I have learned as a father that we do not hold the absolute truth and that it does help indeed to listen to your kids-. I have made a habit of, when second life gets too busy or too fast, taking two steps back and “enjoy the scenery” or take pleasure on the little things. So if the load for you gets too heavy or the ride too fast, it being second life or real life, get off the speed ride and go for a slow walk, it pays off in the end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home