My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Focus...

Faith as a whole has always been something somewhat evasive to me, I won't go into specifics but ever since I was a little boy, blindly believing in things "just because" was something beyond my comprehension and something I simply, couldn't do -I have and still do hold the utmost respect for those who can believe tho-


SL as a social platform has enabled me for the past 2ish years to entertain a number of things that would have been far beyond my reach in RL, or that at least would have taken a lot longer to achieve; I have become a successful blogger -not to forget it's always been thanks to you readers out there-, a DeeJay, a designer and last but not least a proud single dad of two, them being by far my greatest treasure and something I give life thanks for every single morning.


Being faithless though, has always bothered me on some level; this is until I decided to explore and entertain Buddhism in SL recently. I am starting to understand what makes an individual proud of having a system of beliefs, something to identify oneself with and use as a canon for where you want your life to be headed; I am in the habit of doing some random meditation with my son Skylar whenever we both can spare the time, so after thinking about this long and hard, I decided to explore a bit and try to find a temple in SL that would fit well with my personality and schedule.



If you are one of them like me, feeling drawn to this and looking for the ability to focus and find inner peace while surrounded with like-minded individuals, here are a few places in-world I think you may find interesting
Sunshine Therapy Garden Buddhist Temple for contemplation, meditation and prayer. Enjoy moments of rest in a lovely garden setting. Listen to Tibetan monks chant or Mantra's.
Buddhist Temple, Aosagi This sim is themed as a region of Japan in the Edo period (1603-1868 AD). It is designed to support a number of cultural, educational and roleplay groups for the benefit of all.
Kannonji Zen Retreat - A Real Virtual Sangha, Snowlion Mountain My personal favorite and where you can find me joining group meditation each day at 1pm SLT. Practice meditation in a Buddhist setting and explore Korean Zen, Soto Zen, Sanbo Kyodan, Nicherin Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism and much more. Check out our Buddha statues and enjoy the mountains sanctuary we call our spiritual home; nature. 
I am glad that second life has yet again -even though I do feel I have still a LOOOONG way to go-, helped fill that void that was missing in my life and that I am lucky enough to be able to share it with all of you out there.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home