My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fight!

The spirit of human nature, that which defines us as a superior race is the one of fighting our way through obstacles in our constant pursuit of happiness, or at least our idea of perfect happiness. Some crave power, others peace and quiet, some want a big family, other don't want children at all, happiness is like rainbows, it's slightly different for each person but it is yet the same in concept, but the thing that does not vary is the fighting spirit that makes us get up in the morning and continue trying, even when things get tough.

This is no different when it comes to SL, most people log in for fun, others because they have venues they may have invested money on and provides them with an extra source of income -this making of SL a side business of sorts-, but most of us simply log in and insist on doing so even when things get tough at times, because our second lives and everything that involves them represent that ideal world and persona we cannot be in real life for a number of reasons, so it being user created, we can shape our second lives and the path they take to our liking.

But isn't this also true when it comes to our real lives? aren't we also in the possibility of changing things around us if we don't like what we have? -new house, new country, new job, new husband...-, by simple concept it'd be easily pointed out that yes, we can produce change in our lives, it just happens to be easier in second life -or so it seems, this not being always the case-

What brought on this ranting?, my past week has been an interesting one, besides going through some major changes in real life, I have been the direct and indirect target of either drama aimed at me by other or either collaterally produced by actions I simply brought upon myself on a rather ironic yet functional cause and effect.

This has made me wonder and given me perspective on things we fight for every day; how do we tell apart those things that are worth going the extra mile and fighting for, from those that will simply bring pain and suffering to you and others in the process? What little I am lucky to have in RL and SL, I have fought for -it wasn't handed to me, no one wrapped it up with a bow on top and told me to go have fun- and these things I have fought for and keep fighting for ultimately fulfill that perfect idea of happiness I have for me and my loved ones.

And as previously stated on one of my Facebook statuses, I will not engage or entertain anyone's drama, if it doesn't directly affect me -that's not my fight, that's your fight!- and if you want attention, don't come to me asking for it, go make a naked xtube video. I'll keep on carefully picking my own battles and trying to do right by those who do matter, which is simply what life is all about.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home