My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Knee deep

"Gonna put the world away for a minute, pretend I don't live in it"... it's one of the opening lines of the song which this article is named after; music is one of the things that not only make me happy but as a DJ I love sharing and knowing that people relate to me in a way when coming to my sets, it is present on every moment of my life and this song in particular is one of them which I play on my phone on my way to work every morning.

But what is the point on all of this? If you haven't heard the song, I'll have to elaborate on it or better yet, link you.  Sadly, the video doesn't do the song much justice, so ignore the "funny" antics and focus on the lyrics.

The first time I was introduced to this song by my son Skylar, I immediately associated it to the Second Life simulator; we as users create a very complex alternate reality, full of the worries and complexities of our real lives, but sometimes it is best to take a few steps back and focus on those things that are relevant, worrying about what's really important later.

Simply put, real life always has to rule over second life, that's what is really important, but when we make time to connect to the simulator and add to our free time more issues, it's then time to sit back and take a long hard look at what we are doing and better yet, if it's really worth the extra effort.

The one reason why I play this song every morning religiously on my way to work is to be reminded that in life, this being SL or RL -either or- there are things that are relevant, important and others that can be put on hold for any given amount of time, the trick is to be aware of the difference.

Keep it fun, keep it simple and learn to keep your head high with a smile on your face, "sunshine is going to take my blues away"

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home