My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

YOU'RE A FAG! WHY PARENTING?

Among the rights for equality we all fight for, one of the most important ones would be -for us gay couples or single gay parents-   to be able to adopt, anywhere in the world without it posing much of an issue.
Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case and even in the most advanced of societies, where equal rights have been achieved and getting married or adopting is nothing but ordinary, sometimes you get asked this very question by family or friends: Why parenting? you’re gay!
It may sound wrong, but most of the time, the concept of parenting for gay couples may seem odd, as reproduction is impossible, our only last resort is always adoption. I was lucky enough to have been given my son Skylar, whom I quote or make reference of on here often.
Me becoming a parent was accidental. I didn’t plan it, I didn’t go to an agency to adopt him, it just happened, life just gave him to me and even though it all happens in the second  life simulator -a platform which not may seem too real to those unfamiliar with it- he is very much my son and every moment we spend together growing as better men and a stronger family, I treasure.
So in retrospect, in spite of all the ups and downs that come with parenting, of all the time you invest, on all the friction that happens when in some areas you two don’t seem to see eye to eye, I have come to see parenting for what it really is, a privilege.
It has made me a better man and every time something happens, good or bad, which makes our bond and our little family stronger, makes me realise what a lucky man I am and how wrong some are, not wanting to experience parenting or thinking gay men and women would make bad parents.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home