My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Letter to me

I've seen people, and a lot of bloggers out there do a lot of wondering, writing pages and pages of what would they do if second life shut down tomorrow? for many active users it is very relevant and the ties and bonds made there are not quite as artificial or fake as it may seem to some, but what if you could do the opposite and write a letter to yourself, giving yourself a few heads up as a noob? what would you say?

I was sitting with my son this morning, having our usual coffee while rambling about this and that when Brad Paisley's song "Letter to me" started playing and I started wondering if I would do anything differently if I could.

Two years after my initial log in on second life, there are a few things I'd advice myself -hoping this will also help readers who are not in the platform, but have been wondering about it for a while- which I think are common mistakes and misconceptions you get when joining the grid.

I'd tell myself to take things slow, even though time moves differently in second life and changes happen a lot more quickly, there's really no rush, it is a big second life and when you are new all you have in your hands are ugly clothes and time after all -plenty of it-, so I'd beg myself to stop and smell the roses, meet a lot of people and then decide what I'd do with the rest of my second life.

I'd remind myself that love is real in SL, that it feels even more intense and that logging out would not make pain and heartache go away, I'd also ask myself to keep in mind that not everyone who claims that can have your trust is worth it, trust has to be earned since words are cheap.

One final advice I'd give myself is to not go too crazy buying things you'll only use once or twice... as they stay in your inventory forever and ever. The rest, I'd do exactly the same... even the bad choices.

How about you? what would you advice to the noob (new user) you once were if you could?

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home