My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Venus

One of the things I have been wondering about recently, is the moderate fascination most well adjusted and average homosexuals have with strong female icons, what drives us to feel identified, pursue copying their strong character traits by making them our role models? Like Madonna's song said -and yes she would be one of the icons I mentioned- Greta Garbo and Monroe... Dietrich, the list goes on; these women were well advanced and pioneers and made a difference in the world around them, for better or worse.

Maybe that is it, I was wondering it could be simply what recent research has proven, and that is the fact that the male homosexual brain responds and interacts with the world around it more closely related to that of a woman that of the "normal" functioning parameter of our "straight" counterparts -there's no such thing as 100% straight in my opinion, but that's a theme for another article-; we want to be strong, we wish to make a difference, we desire the world around us to remember who we were, long after we are gone, all of this without us losing our glamour and glitter much like our Divas did back in the day.

Which brings me to second life, like most of my musings do and the legion of individuals who have chosen to play the gender bender or shyly walk on the threshold of femininity by being "femboys" -this is not mentioned in a judgmental tone-, the wonderful thing about second life as a platform is that it allows you to be whomever or whatever you want to be; if you wake up like Shania Twain one day and wish to tell the world that you truly "Fell like a woman!", there are means for you to do so.

Never judge a book by its cover, don't judge and you shall not be judged; this is one of the truths I base both my RL and my SL upon and it is the fact that, as a community we strive to gain equality as citizens and that we are able to live our lives peacefully and our sexuality as open as possible, but I have never understood why some sectors of our LGTB community judge, reject or point fingers at those also part of our discriminated group, whose only dream in life is to be queer and be proud of it

And I end with a quote from Bananarama, dedicated to all cross dressers, femboys, men playing women in SL and drag queens alike "I'm your Venus, I'm your Fire, your desire"

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home