My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sci-Fi

Sometimes life surpasses fiction and sometimes people -oddly enough more so in SL but we will get to that in a moment-, like to create their own reality to justify the lies and try and continue to live up to these lies that have cost them something they once held precious.

"Decorating" the truth can be fun if you are a movie director, a producer or a machinima artist inside the platform, or to go to more normal lenghts, if you are a roleplayer but when your altered reality, affects other people and involves feelings -yes, I won't say this enough, pixels or not, the people behind the avatars do have feelings- that's when, what I define sci-fi, becomes something else.

I have gotten used to the idea of being the topic of many conversations -it comes with the job- and have even chuckled at the rumors that float around, of things I've said or done, but sometimes you need to send a clear message to the people fueling nasty rumors, specially when it involves third parties and people I love. I usually make a habit of not getting directly involved in anyone's business or drama -it simply is not what I'm here for- and I tend to live on the premise that one must live and let live.

Do you want to be a gay man while on SL when you are in fact very much a woman in RL? power to you, I have a good friend who is in fact a gay man and is a woman in SL, the reason why I respect her is due to the sole fact that she's always been very open about her choice and does not date as a woman whilst on the platform.

That's where the difference lies, and you are probably wondering, but isn't it your SL choice and your RL, to be kept separate and anonymous?, yes but when you start a serious relationship with someone and it involves feelings, having the person with the mistaken idea of you being of a particular gender is both a lie and cruel, not only to your partner but to others directly involved -not to mention the fact that your relationship is built on a lie-

So next time you -or anyone for that matter- wishes to create sci-fi that directly involves me, to justify something you clearly ruined from the very beginning, do yourself a favor and find a better excuse or lie and leave me out of it.

Because I have better things to worry about -and like me many others- to go around humoring or shining the light of truth around a pathological liar.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home