My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Muscle...

After a lot of pomp and flare, of being properly marketed in order to get everybody excited -or at least talking about it- Mesh is here and is here to stay. It has slowly and inadvertently made its way into all areas of our lives -mostly fashion- and I have found those who swore would never wear anything mesh for a number of very valid reasons, at least wearing a pair of shoes or hair or a tank once or twice.

What has caught my attention recently and which is the main topic of this article, would be mesh avatars or to be more precise, overly muscular avatars; I have to hand it over to the designers that put time and effort into it, but I have a number of questions in my head when it comes to the use the average SL citizen is giving them.

I haven't really verified this fact -so if I'm wrong do feel free to correct me-, but when a designer makes a muscle avatar, it also includes a well proportioned head to go along with the rest of it, something most buyers seem to opt out of, must be clearly the fact that the "head" and face of our avatar is the one thing that defines who we are, but this trend of not wearing the matching head with your newly acquired musculature has made a new community emerge, I personally call them the "pin heads" -or the shrunken heads if you need to get the picture & not feel this pet name is derogatory to the less intelligent-

What I find most amusing would be the fact that these people strut around, showing their purchase proudly while your head is clearly out of proportion and friends even compliment them on how great they look; it really reminds me of the emperor's new clothes, he was naked and not wearing anything, but people were too nice or too afraid to prove him wrong, same applies here.

My two cents and advice? customized matching avatar heads, it might end up being pricey, but if you are willing to make an effort and create an entire mesh avatar, a matching well proportioned head to match the customer's looks, would certainly put an end to this newly emerging community of cranial size challenge.

Then again that's just my opinion

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home