My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Perspective

Reading a few posts from family and friends who have decided recently to follow in on the wonderful adventure which is blogging, I got slightly inspired by making a detailed yet entertaining -if possible- account of my SL story and how Spike came to be the avatar / person he is nowadays.

I opened my account after updating my PC following my RL birthday, I had heard all sorts of things about SL and since I had always been an avid online gamer, decided to give this one a shot. I did do some research on it first to really know what I was getting my hands on, despite the fact that I had dabbled with virtual worlds way back in 2001 and onwards on other grids.

The first few days I invested my time in what most gay noobs do when exploring SL, lots and lots of sex, until that eventually got old and I stopped using the account for a few days, seeing that apart from sex, no one ever offered me the help and guidance I was seeking to maximize my experience whilst in SL; when I decided to log back and give the whole thing another go, is when I met what would become many things for me, my teacher, my liege, my lover and soon to follow my husband, Corbin.

As the many men that had the pleasure or misfortune to bump into him, I was very unaware of the past and baggage he was carrying, but none of that mattered to me at the time, he was offering me exactly what I needed and was seeking, purpose, guidance, a group of friends and family -Yu among them- I still keep around, and very inadvertently he turned me into a hunting weapon that he would soon use to revitalize our limping vampire community.

I was fascinated by the whole bloodlines concept, I did love hunting and I prided myself to be really good at it, I knew what to say and when to say it in order to convince anyone to join us and it was not all that bad, I did meet many great friends that way and was even given 3 precious gifts a father can have, my sons. I often look back and ponder on my options when I decided to join our family and my only regret would be not having explored life as a "human" on the platform, as I do sometimes feel I missed out on many experiences.

Eventually things went south with Corbin, when my bond with Yu became so strong that no person could break and he saw this as a threat for his power stance and our "marriage", but that's a tale for another post. What are the things you didn't get to do while you were a noob in SL and wish you could go back to?

Perspective, usually gained by looking back before making your path ahead.

Thanks to Ellie for providing the inspiration to write this piece: http://elliecfrose.blogspot.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home