My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crazy

I have been trying my best, after this week's past events to bite my tongue on a few things and continue on with this blog and future posts on a lighter more positive note, but it seems to be an impossible task.

I have always said that one of the SL requirements to join should be a mental health check, instead of adult verification, but then again our idea of a perfect virtual would be very empty.

This does bring me back to that "Matrix" moment when agent Smith tells Neo that the first Matrix project was in fact "perfect" but it cost them many human units as people kept killing themselves, which pointed out the fact that humans on some level did enjoy suffering and overcoming obstacles.

May this same concept apply to our user created reality? do we in fact enjoy, seek and fuel drama? are we not happy without our daily dose of conflict? I don't know, these questions might as well stay forever unanswered, but as far as I'm concerned, I have made an early New Year's resolution when it comes to my SL interactions and that is some proactive use of the mute button.

We all have issues, we all have things to deal with in RL, our own personal and daily struggles and we come home, let go of all of that and log in to our idea of the life we want, with a number of tools to make that a reality, so then I still wonder, what's with the sudden surge of crazy lately in the platform? Spam chat, anger issues, people banned from clubs, death threats, it's all there.

Maybe and only maybe we should all make an effort and try and use SL to bring out the best in us and not the other way around.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home