My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Letting go

Life is a constant ride of ups and downs, a continuous change and progression, for better or for worse but it does happen; at time the best choice to move ahead is to let go of things or people that are in a way or another standing in the way of your evolution.

Over the past few days and even weeks, many things have happened that have inspired me to write this piece, mostly because first of all I have been the victim and direct target of people that simply refuse to let go, get bored of me and move on to better things, but then again SL does offer people that fit this profile the perfect ground to live their psychosis as they see fit.

The whole concept of letting go is putting an end to pain and suffering, closing the door to things that keep us from being better individuals and it all may not always seem like a bad thing, sometimes we must let go of those things we hold precious, for our own good; this might be moving to another country, buying a new car or sometimes even giving RL some preference and -if applicable- maybe do some actual socializing with "real" people.

In RL there were two people that I considered precious and did not conceive life without, my father and my childhood friend -later to be my BF-, they both on their own areas made me the man I am today, there's a lot of my father in Spike and in the way I face parenting my three kids and for that there's not a day I am not entirely grateful to have fallen in such capable hands while growing up.

My childhood friend and first boyfriend ever however -and this is the part where I get personal and give you all a glimpse on my past-, made such a difference in my adult life and on how I engage relationships, that I recently realized that without letting go of the standards he set -quite high-, there won't be a chance for me to actually have a normal, well adjusted relationship.

Yes, he was unique, nothing will ever compare to him and I hate every day life for taking him away from me too early; but then again, doesn't this apply to all relationships? and I mean the fact that each person is different and they do in fact have different things to offer and outlooks on relationships and what they want out of them?

So I will stop looking for him, expecting my partner to live up to his standards; I did love him and love him still, but it's time to move on and let go, a concept many out there -haters and fans alike- should apply to their own lives.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2012 at 4:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I let go of blogging - soon Secondgay.com will be no more, as will rezthis.com - I can't say that blogging has been the center of my activity but glad to see you are keeping this one up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home