My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Dead? or Alive?

I was really trying to avoid touching this topic, but after having seen what some people in second life do for "fun" I can't help but throw my two cents on the subject as I feel I have something to contribute on the subject. A friend of mine a few weeks back touched the subject of the "imaginary ill" in-world, but how about those who go to the lengths of staging their own "deaths"

It's not something as odd and twisted as one would think and it does happen quite often, but not many are as public about it as our last dead man walking did. Death is something not foreign to humans, it happens to us all but yet we all act surprised when it happens, we fight it with all our might but there's really no escaping it.

On my personal experience, my first husband inside the platform was sick and dying ever since I could remember, every time things got ugly Corbin would pull the sick card to have his way and we all humored him as we did not want to upset him and finish him off, but be as it may, and despite all of the tools second life offers you to get away with lying about your real life issues, the truth always shines showing our true colors.

I am really making an effort when it comes to fake illnesses and deaths, as on what would compel a person to undergo such a thing and the only conclusion I can come to is the fact that these individuals simply thirst and seek attention; so, let's try and get one idea across here... Second life is a product, a gaming platform but due to the fact that it is user created and can be sociologically immersive, it involves real people with real feelings, and those should not be toyed with, under any circumstances.

These are the moments I am grateful I am not really active in the SL gay Scene, because I did manage just this once to not be part of a psycho's delusional idea of a perfect second life; I can see him now thinking: "I don't think I'll ever be able to see my own funeral, so why don't I fake my own death and strut around'?"

Get a grip people, or better yet, seek professional help in RL, because pretending to be dead to toy with people's feelings, is just going too far, but that's just my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home