My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Unconditional

Of all the adventures a person can engage in life, parenting would be the boldest, so many people ask, if SL is so varied and full of options, why willingly become a parent inside the platform?

The way parenting happened to me, it was like being knocked up after prom night, I didn't look for it, I sure did not want it or even knew it was happening to me until I was knee deep; do I regret it? I truly don't or I wouldn't have gone to adding 2 more sons to my happy family bliss.

I truly believe that even though second life is in essence a recreational platform, we all come out of it everyday learning something new about ourselves, parenting has taught me the one thing that always confused me about my relationship with my father, and that was the puzzling fact that no matter what I did or say, at the end of the day -or sometimes the next morning, depending on how badly I had screwed up-, he loved me unconditionally and I could sleep better at night knowing that he had my back, every step of the way.

When I log off every night and say good night to my kids and log back in early in the morning to enjoy my coffee with my eldest, I know for certain what I get out of my second life parenting experience, and that's the privilege of experiencing unconditional love, knowing that they are mine and I am theirs and that at the end of the day, no one and nothing will be able to break that bond, a useful thing to have in SL or in life in general when people to trust seem to be less and less.

So today on this spirit day, if you have children, remind them on how special and priceless they are, and if you are a teen or a young adult struggling with bullying, seek support and advice from your parents, they probably went through the same at some point and know that no one will love you more and more endlessly than them -we love you so much we even risk having you hate us when we have to make the hard choices for your own good-, you are after all their most priced possession.

Thanks Sey, Zachy and Skylar... you do make me proud. Happy spirit day

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home