My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rape

I have been sitting on this article piece for a couple of days trying to get the right angle going and I have come to the healthy conclusion that the title, although offensive to some, is nothing short to fitting to what is going on inside (and outside with management of it) of our virtual platform.

Let's get started with Linden Labs and the recent and surprising removal of Oskar Linden, safe to say one of the most hard working and approachable patriarchs of the company, one who made his mission while in the labs and inside second life, to make it a safer, better place for us all.

The official statement would be that he got fired after dealing with a griefer that threatened to crash the region he was working on, while harassing other users present (sound familiar?) shortly afterwards he got the "skype call", which is now how the labs gives the axe to their employees. "To be quite honest this has all come as a surprise and a shock. I have known for a while that this would happen eventually though. All Lindens fear ‘the skype call’. The old Linden culture is long gone. Many Lindens are disappeared in that way when the Lab no longer has use for them. It has been difficult working through the changes at the Lab the past few years. I could have left, perhaps I should have left on my own. I would have been better off. I did not choose to do so because I was dedicated to the wonderful residents I have met during my 4 years working on SL. I was committed to all of you and committed to making Second Life and Linden Lab a better place. I felt I was fighting the good fight and didn’t want to just run away. I felt that I was making a difference. I hope that I did."

It is truly saddening and heartbreaking to see for yourself that, griefers, copy botters and other criminals get to violate TOS with the patronizing help of the labs themselves, who only apply these afore mentioned to those victim of abuse and attacks of all sorts.

Then there is another platform inside our virtual world that does seem to be trailing on the same path and that is one that is close to my personal interests and which affects me somewhat directly and that would be bloodlines. A good friend of mine and former bloodlines liaison Magdalena Fotherington, recently also got the axe, and yes you did indeed guessed it, by dealing with griefers and violators of BLs TOS who not only had been banned from BLs but had been removed as active liaisons.

When approaching the issue at hand which not only involved Merlin Swordthain and Magda's personal issues, but BLs issues past and present, Lyle himself decided to unban Merlin and eject Magda as he wished to not get involved. Now this procedure has me very confused, if you do not wish to get involved, the reasonable thing to do would be to remove and ban them both and let them sort it out outside "office hours"

Lyle Maeterlinck did inform Magda of her ejecting and termination, but after several offliners, no further statements have been made regarding this topic from anyone inside bloodlines.

Guess in the end is the good people, the users and the hard working SL citizens who get raped by those who are supposed to be working for us and not griefers and bullies.

The petition to stop griefers and protect users in SL is still available http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/linden-labs-punish-criminals-on-your-platform/ , if anyone reading this feels that they need to voice their concerns regarding how griefers and BLs TOS are being handled, do send a notecard to Lyle Maeterlinck in-world; how does this affect me? you'd ask, well it may not affect you now, but the next victim could be you and there is obviously no one out there to protect us, that is unless you are a griefer or a thief, in which case do carry on.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls





Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home