My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My haters are my motivators

Wise words said by Ellen Degeneres during the JC Penny episode, which cause an uproar and massive social network mobilization showing support. As a public figure, sometimes much like Ellen you need to find creative ways to use all that unfounded criticism and hate on your favor.

Oscar Wilde did say once that is better to be talked about than not talked about at all, specially so if you profit from marketing your image, so in Ellen's case, some people opposing to have her as spokesperson for the famous store, worked wonderfully.

As a semi public figure in the second life grid, I do profit from my image and what it's said about me, but most of the time, this being said is either not entirely accurate or nice. Does this bother me? sometimes, other times I just chuckle at how crazy some of the stuff is and how it all can be easily explained.

While commenting on the latest "drama/gossip" running around by those who don't exactly find me lovable with my son this morning, he said something that I posted on all of my profiles -God bless him he can be so deep and useful- "like me, love me, hate me... just don't bore me". Guess that most of the time, the people who do matter won't believe lies or half truths and those close to you will either dismiss those or ask you directly.

For the time being, I'll let them have cake.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home