My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Age of Consent vs. Legal Age

Age of consent is what we all know to be a free pass to entertain sexual activities with minors, all depending of course on a number of legal loopholes which -in my opinion negates the concept of having such limit- makes it next to impossible to do it anyhow. Age of consent varies on each country and in Europe alone, Spain has the lowest age of consent, it being at the shocking limit of 13.

Now legal age would be that age limit where, having sex and drinking -in some countries- is perfectly legal and you are, to all effects and purposes considered an adult. As I was minding my own business the other day and while riding the train back home, I stumbled upon a newspaper article where Justin Biever -recently 18- had declared his wish to be taken more seriously as an artist, hence making an effort for this "maturity" to be reflected in his new album.

I quickly dismissed all of this as I finished reading it and carried on with my habitual tasks for that day, but as soon as I got home and while browsing a few pages, I saw this "nude celebrities" banner on a page, where -yes you guessed right- Justin Biever was now included among the large catalogue of other famous men and women we all are used to seeing advertised.

Now, this brought a number of questions in my head that I carefully tried to put together in an article; when is it socially acceptable to engage sexual acts with a person? Does it make it instantly right if the day you had sex with that 17 year old he was still 17 but hours later he happened to be 18? How about two days later? Sorry to say but in my opinion -and I'm not being judgmental here- that person you boinked who just so happens to have turned 18 recently, was a minor not long ago.

I am just both shocked and surprised to see how quickly Mr. Biever joined the ranks of the numerous celebrities out there who have nudes -fake or real- scattered all over the internet when not until recently, he was underage, but I guess that's where age of consent comes in handy, but personally I'm not exactly curious to see Biever's not-underage-anymore nude anatomy.

Just my two cents

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home