My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thank you Papa

When father's day was initially suggested and coined, many people laughed at the concept finding the need of such celebration simply pointless; after all, fathers had always been the providers and patriarchs of most families world-wide, so the recognition was already there, why add another holiday to something that for most people was already obvious?

I can't speak on everyone's behalf, but the person that I am in RL and SL is largely due to my father's influence; I would most likely not be half the man and father I am now if it hadn't been for him. My dad was not an educated man, he didn't have any fancy degrees or education to brag about but I've always considered him a very wise man.

One of the things that Second life as a lifestyle / platform has enabled me to do, is to experience parenting first hand and hopefully honor his memory, by passing on to my sons most of what I learned from him about life and how to be a decent man with strong ethics; my father was truly the first man I loved, there's not a day I don't miss talking to him, but I do have all of the times we spent together and I know for sure that when I am having quality time with Skylar or lecturing Seymour about things he's forgotten to do, I have the certainty that he's standing by my side smiling, shaking his head and most likely saying "you were a lot worse"

I love you and miss you Papa, I wish you were here to see the man and father Spike has become. Happy father's day to all of the RL and SL fathers out there, make it a good one!

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home