My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Game of feelings

It's been nearly two weeks since my last post, and I have been sitting on this article piece for that long, trying my best to word this topic as best as I can.

Second life is regarded by most people as a game, our precious virtual reality does provide leisure during our free time and on some cases, RL income -or an extra nudge for those not so lucky to be lindenaires-, but isn't it by simple concept a game?

Following this reasoning, those who invest their time in entertaining themselves, also do go through the trouble of disregarding other's people's feelings whilst at the platform; we've all heard the stories, lovers who alt, who fake being ill to manipulate other, or worst, date several people at the same time while taking the time to visit dungeons, on the excuse that "it isn't real anyway", but is it really all valid since there is no RL involved?

Sorry to burst your bubbles folks, but no matter how separate and anonymous you try to make both your lives, there is a part of your RL involved in SL, and that is the person controlling the avatar and who does indeed, has feelings. My father used to say that each day is like a blank page, full of possibilities where you can write a new chapter of your life and maybe, learn something while becoming a better person; this also applies to SL. We have a chance every time we log in to make a difference, to produce change, to become better people while inspiring others who may need our help, as little as this may be.

That is indeed a proper use of our free time and our virtual realities; I am not in any way trying to preach here or claim that I am perfect in what I do and don't do in both my lives, but my experiences whilst at the platform have taught me valuable lessons, shown me the best and worst about me and have induced change in those who I proudly call my family in SL.

At the end of the day, that is all I have to brag about and which compels me to log in and keep on trying; judge and you will not be judge my eldest Skylar always says, to that I must add, don't judge, but don't go engaging into business, relationships and so on, if for you all of this is just a game and have every intention to toy with others, because it may be "fun" for you, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it is for the rest around you.

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls
  


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home