My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://sexandsecondlife.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Controversy

Society as we know it, facing yet another "end of the world", has become a little too self aware of other people's feelings on a number of various and diverse matters that we think will hurt people's sensibilities, Second Life is no exception and the bug of political correctness has invaded and spread widely in all areas of our virtual society.

We sensor ourselves and our children daily, we try not to step on anyone's toes but then we go and friend or de-friend people with incredible ease or do things that intentionally hurt other's while we try not to hurt how strangers feel about our on-look of life and how we express it.

I grew up in a society where children celebrated christimas and of you were not a christian or a pagan, you were more than free not to celebrate it, nod your head and smile if a merry christmas  was wished to you and carry on with your life; times were different then, black people were black, white people were white and there were little to any discussion on what the proper "term" was.

Truth be told, our society has leaped forward in many areas, there are countries such as Spain, The Netherlands and so on, were getting married, no matter your gender is a "CONSTITUTIONAL" right and not a luxury and neither Jesus, nor Buddha or Vishnu have come to smite anyone because it is wrong.

Yes, I do try and be inclusive when wishing people a Happy Holiday season, but this is mostly because Second life and my readers base is so varied, I do not want anyone to feel excluded, but you certainly should not get all worked up over anyone wishing you a Merry Christmas.

I have always tried, and do still not to appear judgmental and insensitive about people's lives and choices, but it is a personal daily struggle no to clearly express and voice my input on how I see things, and in many ways this is a way of self-censoring; I am what I am, I'm blunt, straightforward and I celebrate Christmas, call black people black, recycle only when I am in the mood and firmly believe that it is ok to be a christian, to go to church and be religious, but this never serves as an excuse to gratuitously hate a sector of society that only wishes to be allowed as citizens, to marry their spouses.

And this is not controversy, is just my way to see life, many others out there do cause a stir over less important things, but then again, what would our second lives be if we didn't have the attention seekers, drama queens?

Merry Christmas...

https://www.facebook.com/spikecls

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home